The situation the world is going through and the establishment of new normalities present us with the challenge of diversifying our service offerings to rise to the occasion and respond to the needs of our community in times of isolation and virtuality.
University Well-being of the University of Sinú – Cartagena Section is in charge of stimulating the integral development of the human being from the university context. Through our offer we seek to guarantee the permanent development of plans and programs aimed at meeting the needs of the Unisinuana community, with the provision of a personalized and organized service in accordance with educational laws and institutional policies, thus strengthening the integral development of our university community and sense of belonging to the Institution.
At the University of Sinú Elías Bechara Zainúm, the guiding Principle of University Well-being is Human Development, understood as training, quality of life and Integral development, which includes the realization of the multiple capacities of being in all its dimensions, as an individual and as a active member of a society.
1. Comprehensive Training
2. Quality of Life
Living well is equivalent to having quality of life and therefore to having a decent life. University well-being at the Universidad del Sinú Elías Bechara Zainúm must promote the satisfaction of needs transcending the development of people and the realization of their multiple potentialities.
3. Community Building
University Welfare must promote the satisfaction of needs, transcending the development of the person and the realization of their potential, in such a way that the quality of life is improved and human dignity is strengthened.
The criteria that guide the development of WELLNESS at the University of Sinú Elías Bechara Zainúm are based on its mission and national policies on University WELFARE.
- We have a defined structure that develops, plans and evaluates programs and projects aimed at promoting University Well-being, with the collegiate participation of the university community. We are all part of Bienestar and participate in decision-making, and especially in the development of programs and processes.
- Research must be the basis for the programs that will be carried out from Bienestar, these being a response to the needs of the community, which must be reversed in the improvement of processes and actions that will lead to the transformation of institutional policies and social projection.
- As a transversal axis to university life, University Welfare develops programs that cover the entire university community: students, teachers and administrative staff. Therefore, it is a right and a duty of all members of the academic community.
- The University of Sinú must establish relationships with local and international organizations that favor the development of Welfare plans and projects.
DEVELOPMENT OF THE DIMENSIONS OF THE HUMAN BEING
University Welfare at the University of Sinú Elías Bechara Zainúm is an Institutional commitment and as such, it is constituted by the set of policies, strategies, plans, programs and projects to support the Academy, which are part of the training process and serve as a interrelation scenarios of the members of the Unisinuana community.
The University Welfare will develop plans and programs aimed at self-care, habits and healthy lifestyles, always seeking their improvement through health promotion and disease prevention in members of the university community.
Welfare programs, projects and processes will be aimed at strengthening the psycho-affective development of students, teachers and administrative staff, facilitating self-knowledge and that of others, fostering their ability to communicate and relate, developing a sense of belonging and individual commitment. with the University that results in their personal benefit and that of society.
University Well-being as a transversal axis to the Institutional Educational Project will contribute to the integral formation and improvement of the quality of life of the university community. It will develop programs that facilitate the teaching-learning process and the development of intellectual and work skills, in an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary environment.
University Welfare will generate spaces for socialization through the revival of value structures that favor the existence and respect of ethics and citizen culture, promoting the practice of values such as respect, solidarity, justice, freedom and wisdom, thus contributing to the construction of a culture of tolerance and coexistence.
University Welfare must favor and actively participate in institutional programs aimed at maintaining and improving effective communication between people and agencies, establishing channels of expression and opinion through which members of the community can express their opinions and concerns, suggestions and initiatives about how to live in the university, promoting the construction of difference and the concerted and peaceful solution of conflicts.
University Welfare executes programs and projects aimed at the cultural development of the members of the university community, stimulating the appreciation and artistic and aesthetic skills, favoring their expression and dissemination; It should also promote sensitivity towards the appreciation of cultural manifestations, their own, national and universal.
Promote actions that improve socioeconomic conditions based on the individual efforts of the members of the university community (students, teachers and administrative officials), in such a way that they facilitate their permanence within the educational environment, taking into account equity criteria.
General objectivesAchieve the comprehensive individual and group development of the members of the university community, with efficient programs during academic periods that promote optimal cultural, social and family support conditions while at the same time fostering a greater commitment to study and work.
- Promote the development of activities that promote the assimilation of cultural values.
- Create a favorable work, study and recreation environment so that people feel fulfilled and identify with the work they do.
- Provide the development of organizations that generate in the members of the university community, attitudes of participation, autonomy, responsibility, solidarity, and creativity that stimulate their own development and that of the community in general.
- Create the conditions for the entire university community to integrate into a work team that seeks to fulfill the objectives and policies of the institution.
- University Welfare Department: email@example.com.
- Institutional Welfare Assistant: Assistantbienestar@unisinucartagena.edu.co
- University Welfare Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org